Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 13, 2015

Baked Churros

We went to the hockey game last night. As always the concession stands are full of yummy and tempting snacks. One of my favorites are the Churros. Crunchy, light, and dusted with delicious cinnamon and sugar. So good! Soooo really, really good.

I really dislike deep frying. I know I said this before, but I just don't like the way the house smells after frying...no matter what I've fried. Also, the clean up is a process which is laborious...at least for me. I am a neatness queen and therefore my kitchen kingdom must be impeccable.

An alternative to frying is baking. These churros are not as crunchy as their counterparts, but they do not lack any flavor and are slightly crunchy with the added bonus of the ooey-gooey, cheesy centers. Oh! Captain Crunch, they are good!

These are easy to make, just a little bit time consuming on the preparation side of the steps involved.
I think these will be a family and party favorite. I know that when I make these, they are eaten up quick and usually I don't have any leftovers.

If you do happen to have any remaining, just store them in a sealed container. To warm them up is a quick turn in the microwave for about 15 seconds on high power. Careful the filling will heat up quickly and could burn your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment