Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

$1 Store Center Pieces

I'm having a party but I don't have a lot of serving space so I made two centerpieces for my counter in the kitchen. I didn't want to spend a ton of money or even a half-ton of money for centerpieces. I have lots of bowl and plates but they are just for everyday use and are a hodge podge of different patterns and sized. serving bowls. I also wanted this to be a bit more pleasing to the eyes.

Here is what I came up with: I headed off to the $1 store and picked up some different shaped platters and serving bowls and some small punch cups. Once I got home I dug out my hot glue gun and the assembly began.  After some figuring, I glued a smaller oval bowl above a larger oval platter. I tried different arrangements but finally decided on this one.

I like them! This will save me some counter space and double the amount of food that I can serve!

What I used:

2 Oval bowls
2 Oval platters
2 plastic punch cups
Hot Glue

I glued the smaller oval bowl to the top and the large oval platter on the bottom of one punch cup. Just be sure to use light weight food as this won't stand up to a ton of food!

This looked good and was a huge hit!  Everyone asked me where I got my platters...tee-hee-hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment