Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

DIY $5 Mirror Art

I needed a mirror for my hallway, however to find a mirror that was large enough
and without looking cheap, cost quite a bit of sum of money.
I passed on many pretty mirrors hoping to find something trendy and inexpensive. Sadly, I was outta luck!

One day on a shopping expedition for another project I accidentally happened across some 8x10 mirrors. I thought, "If I could put these together, I might have a nice large mirror".
I bought some poster (extra thick foam core) board as a sturdy backing.
After I arrived home, I was excited to craft an artsy design with the mirrors.
I think my craft project was a success...and it looks really good. Best of all, I only spent $5!

Follow Instructions:
4 - $1 mirrors
1 large core board project poster
Thick craft glue
Marker (I used silver)
Scissors
3 Picture hanging 3M Command Strips

Lay out the poster board. Arrange the mirrors on the poster. I used a herringbone design.
Draw around the edges where the poster board is seen.
Remove the mirrors and cut of the parts of poster board that are not to be seen.
Generously slather on a the thick craft glue.
Apply the mirrors in the original design of choice.
Place heavy objects on top of the mirrors until the glue dries...about 24 hours.
When dry, on the back side, apply the 3M picture strips.
Follow instructions on the 3M packaging for hanging pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment