Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2013

DIY Stylish Dry Erase Marker Boards

Let's face it, dry erase boards are really super. However, I don't like that they are rather ugly and not really something I want hanging on my wall. They do not dress up the decor of the room and sort of industrialize the surroundings.

Now, the coolest of cool is that the dry erase markers will write on most non-porous surfaces and that makes endless decorating possibilities.

With my creativity hat on, I headed off to the $1 store to purchase four 8x10 picture frames. I looked around the store for something to use for the background inside the frame without overpowering the writing surface. I still wanted to be able to differentiate between the background and the marks.  I found some cute plastic school folders...that will do.

I used the cardboard insert inside the picture frame as a template for cutting the folder. I placed the newly cut background inside the frame, behind the glass, and reattached the back. I hung one by the front door. I put magnets on the back of one and place it on the fridge.  If you don't want to use nails, the peel and stick Command Strips by 3M work nicely.

TA-DA! These are very stylish, decorative and handy dry erase boards!  I can even change the backgrounds for the seasons. NICE!

NOTE: Attach a dry erase marker with some Velcro or a ribbon and attach it to the outside edge of the frame. Because I used picture frames, I don't have to hang them at all, but I can set them on any surface, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment