Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

DIY Jewelry Organizer

In my earlier post I used a clothes hanger and hair clip claws for organizing my scarves. Well if it works for scarves, what else can I use these cute little claws for?
Well, I have two necklace jewelry trees sitting on my bathroom counter top, they take up a lot of real estate, and look a wee bit cluttered.
Sometimes the necklaces get all twisted up and I will spend five frustrating minutes getting them untangled! UGH!
"OK", I thought to myself, "I'll bet these little claw thingys might just hold all my necklaces, and then I could hang them in my closet".

First I tried the medium sized hair clip claws and they were just too big and would slid to one side of the hanger. That just won't do! Nuts!

So I was off to dig some more in my closet organizer and I found some mini hair claws. Eureka!
These will work for the more dainty necklaces, but nuts, they were a tad too small to grip onto the normal sized plastic hanger and would fall off when I tried the heavier necklaces.

Well, I again I was determined to find the perfect size hair claw and dug around...VOILA! The small ones (not the mini) are perfect!
The small claws will hold the heavier chunky necklaces, as well as the thin dainty necklaces, AND they grip tightly to the hanger. Woo-hoo! No sliding to one side. So, with a bit of arranging, the hanger hung level.

I am so thrilled because my necklaces are off the now uncluttered counter top, organized, easy to access, easy to see, and won't get all tangled!

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's off to the thrift store I go....(to donate the necklace trees).

Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment