Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Untapped Storage in the Closet!

My husband and I live in a small apartment. Space is limited, especially in our bathroom. It is a quaint, one person at a time, bathroom. We each have "a single drawer", and that drawer is very narrow and will barely hold a toothbrush and toothpaste.

We do, however, have a lower, two door cabinet, below the sink. Naturally, that two-door cabinet filled up pretty quickly with a few towels and my make-up and hair stuff, bathroom cleaner, hand soap...and the list goes on!

With all that, I really hated all the clutter under the sink, so I decided to look for some other storage options. Thinking outside the box, I re-purposed an everyday shoe closet organizer in an unconventional way.

On the same shopping trip, I also purchased a metal wire basket with hooks underneath, that was designed for a shower stall (I removed and saved the suction cups for another future project). Together, with the included hooks from the shoe organizer, I made a convenient multi-storage unit that hangs in my closet.

The hung the wire basket using the over-the-door hooks that came with the shoe organizer. Both the shoe organizer and metal basket married well and formed a single storage unit. The attached hooks underneath the wire basket are convenient to hang or lay objects like: hair bands, small curing irons or scarves from time to time. The pockets, designed to hold a single shoe, I re-purposed to hold rubber bands, hair clips, scrunchies, bandannas, a travel butane curing iron, and more. Really, I have a few empty pockets to fill...excellent!

This is a perfect solution for the small yet numerous hair accessories and equipment that tend to cutter up small spaces and counter-tops. Now, I have easy to access to all those items, as well as, they are very easy to see at a glance. I took advantage of an untapped space. Voila!

Hmm...Now, I have room for some new towels under my sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment