Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

Scarf Organizer - DIY

I really enjoy wearing scarves! They are so pretty and I have a lot of them! However, since I don't live at the store and I don't have a pretty display rack, I had to come up with something practical that would work at home. It was time to put on my thinking cap and when I did it finally came to me.

"A claw clip"! Wow, that is brilliant. The claw clip is fairly inexpensive and much easier to use than a curtain ring. Sure, you can get twelve rings, but then they are too small and a solid ring.

The claw clip makes more sense, Why? Well, if you think about it, they are designed to hold a thick mess of hair, and they really clamp down tight. If they can hold  all that hair, then they should be able to easily  hold a scarf. Right?

Next, the claw clip is way easier to attach and remove: no sliding the scarf through a closed ring and tugging or pulling. We all know how frustrating that can be. Some scarves just don't slide well; especially the thicker scarves. Also, no looping through or knotting the scarves using a claw clip. A shower curtain ring, being so small, really does wrinkle some scarves!

Now, where to hang the scarves? I need something to hold them all together in one place?......Ah-ha! Attach the scarf and claw to a plastic clothes hanger. Yes! Now they are really accessible, out of the way, easy on and off, and right in my closet where I can grab the perfect one to accessorize my outfit. This is perfect, simple, and cheap!  Go Super-D.I.Y. :Di
B.T.W. The dollar store sells 3-4 claws per package.

No comments:

Post a Comment