Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, August 30, 2013

$1 Store: Live, Laugh, Love

I was shopping at a national greeting card store and came across a set of really cute
framed art...Live, Laugh, Love. I checked the price tag and nearly dropped them, $29!!!!  Nah, I think I could come up with something just a cute and WAY cheaper.

At the $1 store I found the perfect 5 x 7 frames (three of them). When I got home I went to my closet to pick out some great background paper from my assortment of gift wrapping paper. I found three that were similar in colors with different designs.

Next I removed the backs of the frames and used the cardboard insert as my pattern and cut the gift wrap to the right size. I tapped the cut piece onto some computer printer paper and printed the words: LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE on the three different designs. (NOT perfectly the first time either...it took me several times to get them lined up and the right size...which meant more cutting...oh well).

I inserted the different papers, inserted the cardboard filler and reattached the back.

Now I needed a way to connect them, in a cute way.  I found some satin ribbon in my gift wrap stash. I doubled the length, left about one inch of space between each frame and tied the ribbon in a bow at the top. Next, I glued the ribbon to the backs of the picture frames (using a thick craft glue). After they were dry...about 12 hours, I hung them up using a picture hook.

Yep, they are really cute and they only cost me $3 and some time and effort.  That leaves me a savings of $26....hmm...nice for another DIY project.   

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment