Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, August 19, 2013

Tea Bag Clip - No more fishing for tea bags!

I have had an ongoing battle with fishing for tea bag strings in my cup or pitcher.
I have wrapped it around a spoon. I have tapped it to the outside of the cup. I have tied the string to the handle. I slipped a rubber band around the outside of the cup, BUT my ideas always fail and the tea bag string and paper usually slip into the cup. AHHHHH!

The other day I was heating the water for a cup of tea. While waiting I was multitasking by cleaning up the counter with the little things that seem to collect on the surfaces. I grabbed a black binder clip that was left behind from some office papers. I put it in my kitchen junk drawer and fastened it to the re-purposed sliverware drawer organizer and slid the drawer closed. By this time my water was ready. I held the tea tag up and was about to pour the heated water into the cup and stopped suddenly. The image of the binder clip flashed before my eyes and I sat the kettle back down, quickly pulled out the drawer and snatched up the binder clip. I threaded the tea bag string through the base of the clip and fastened it to the handle of the tea cup.

At that instant I visioned the same premise on a tea pitcher. Hot tea! Sun Tea! This is a super brainwave. No more burned fingers, no more fishing for tea bags! Yee-Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment