Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Simple Ways to Freshen the Bathroom

I like my bathrooms to smell fresh and clean. Yes, bathrooms will smell from time to
Okay, I cannot clean my bathrooms every day, so to keep that ongoing fresh clean smell, I would have to burn candles or run the candle wax melting pot all day. When I leave the house I would have to blow out the candles and turn off the scented wax melting pot. That is not safe to have burning candles unattended and the melting wax running when I leave the house.
time, but when they are not being used, they should smell clean and pleasant.

Back in the 80's the Airwick company had replacement toilet paper roll holder that contained deodorizer crystals. You could replace your solid spring loaded holder with one of their pleasant smelling crystal filled inserts.  They were't really strong and when the crystals lost their scents, you had to purchase a new one. By the time it wasn't working, I had lost the original toilet paper holder! Now, I don't think they make them anymore. Well, I think I saw a cheap version at the dollar store, but who wants their bathroom smelling like vanilla ice cream or strawberries, or lemon pie in their bathroom? Yuck!

So, I was wondering how to make my own scented toilet paper holder? I was looking at the inside of the toilet paper roll and realized that the center is a porous cardboard. If I were to put on some of that scented oil on the cardboard, would do the same thing? YEP, IT WORKED! The more I used, the stronger and longer the scent lasted.

Here is what you do:  remove the toilet paper roll from the holder. Take a reed diffuser stick, carefully rub the saturated scented oil stick and rub it on the center of the cardboard, inside the tissue roll. DO NOT put it on the toilet paper! NOT GOOD. However, the center of the cardboard will not contaminate the toilet paper. Replace the roll to the holder, when the smell weakens, just add a bit more. Brilliant!

Give it a try! I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment