Pages

Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Zippy-Quick Breakfast Hashbrowns


I don't know about you but my mornings have got to be fast. Getting ready for the day, work, school or where ever you're headed, has to be ZIPPY-QUICK! No time for a lot of prep and cooking, baking and the such. So, I have streamlined the process by preparing ahead of time. On a day when I have the time, I bake a large sheet pan of potatoes, cool them down, and refrigerate until I'm ready for a quick meal.
Already baked potatoes can be used in soups, casseroles, a heated up baked potato dinner, stir-fry, and for breakfast; hashbrowns or cottage fries.

Therefore, since I already have baked potatoes in the fridge, I grabbed a couple, shred them, and with the rapidness of a sprinter I make some hashbrowns to eat with my breakfast. Seriously, it takes only a few minutes to prepare. Remember, I make a whole bag of them, bake them, cool them down, and store them in a zippered baggie. Using already cooked and cooled potatoes remove a lot of the starchy liquid from the potato. Therefore, they shred and cook faster. No need to remove the peeling, either. It shreds up nicely and adds a deliciousness to the recipe.

Watch my video to see how it's done.


Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 small red potatoes, already cooked and refrigerated overnight. 
  • 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - to use in the frying skillet.
  • 1 teaspoon of salt (Whatever you usually use in your kitchen.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • Heat the skillet to medium-high and add in the extra virgin olive oil.
  • Use a hand grater and shred the two cooked and cooled potatoes. You do NOT need to remove the skins as the food grater will do that for you, very nicely.
  • Spread out the shredded potatoes in the skillet and let it sizzle for around 3-4 minutes, just until the edges become golden brown.
  • Flip the potatoes over and let them sizzle again for an additional 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Turn off the heat.
  • Divide in half and serve.

DELICIOUS and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment